Health Insurance is necessary for every individual, given the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic, rising medical costs and a spurt of lifestyle diseases among people. Although we are taking all possible healthy and safe measures to avoid infection and stay healthy, this may lack to ensure forever health security. We may have to encounter sudden health mishaps. The recent COVID-19 with new strains has grappled the nation.
This makes it essential for every individual to invest in a suitable medical insurance plan, especially those that cover coronavirus. Having health insurance cover helps receive medical care without blowing up all your savings. So, a health plan today is much more than mere hospitalization expenses.
Let’s throw light on some of the most common questions related to health insurance plans in India.
How can I buy health insurance in India?
Buying health insurance in India is easy, especially when all companies whether Standalone or General Insurance Providers are offering services online. You don’t need to physically meet their office or consult an agent to buy a policy. Instead, visit the official website of any health insurance company, select a plan that meets your medical needs and buy it. If you want to grab discounts or not sure which plan is suitable for you, then choose an online insurance aggregator. An insurance aggregator is a web-based tool that can be used to buy insurance from wherever you are. The aggregator will empower you to compare different policies, offer the best quote, and suggest the right policy.
What is coronavirus health insurance?
Coronavirus or COVID-19 health insurance is a customised health insurance policy, designed to cover in-patient hospitalisation, pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses, and other medical expenses incurred on the treatment of pandemic. Almost every health insurance policy in India is offering cover for the treatment of coronavirus. You can get cover from day 1 after being diagnosed with COVID-10 positive. Covid-19 is not a pre-existing disease.
What are the top Coronavirus Health Insurance plans?
Top coronavirus health insurance plans are Corona Kavach Policy: COVID-19 Insurance and Corona Rakshak Policy: COVID-19 Insurance.
- Corona Kavach Policy – Single premium standard health insurance, Corona Kavch Policy is an indemnity based plan, offering coverage medical expenses arising out of pandemic. It covers both individuals as well and families at an affordable premium. Family members who can be covered under the policy are self, dependent children, parents, and parents in law under this policy for a period of 3.5 months, 6.5 months, 9.5 months. Corona Kavch Policy also covers AYUSH treatment, homecare treatment, pre-hospitalisation, post-hospitalisation, and road ambulance expenses.
- Corona Rakshak Policy– A standard health insurance policy for the treatment expenses related to COVID-19, Corona Rakshak Policy is a benefit based health insurance policy. It pays the insured a lump sum benefit equal to 100% of the sum insured if he/she is tested positive for COVID-19. It covers on an individual basis for the sum insured options from Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2.5 lakh in the multiples of Rs. 50,000. The policy is available for 3.5 months, 6.5 months, and 9.5 months. Once the payment is done, the policy is terminated. You will only gain benefits under this policy when you are tested COVID-19 positive at a government recognised centre. Moreover, you need to get hospitalised for at least 72 hours continuously.
What are the key exclusions under coronavirus health insurance?
Key exclusions of the policy are expenses incurred during home quarantine, non-recognized Quarantine Center, pre-existing ailments, pre-natal and post-natal expenses, hospitalization without doctor’s recommendation.
Is the cashless facility available under the covid-19 health plan?
Yes. The cashless facility under coronavirus health insurance policies is available. You can avail of it at a network hospital. In fact, the policy allows you to reimburse the treatment facility as well.
Which is the best health insurance policy for a family?
A Family Health Insurance Policy is also popularly known as family floater health plans. The best health insurance policies for family are –
- Activ Health Premium by Aditya Birla Health Insurance
- Family Floater Health Guard by Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance
- Smart Super Health Insurance Policy by Bharti AXA Health Insurance
- Care Health Care Plan by Care Health Insurance
- Chola MS Family Healthline Insurance by Chola MS Health Insurance
- Digit Health Insurance Plan by Digit Health Insurance
- Family Floater by Edelweiss Health Insurance
- Heartbeat Family First Health Insurance by Max Bupa
What are different types of health insurance?
Apart from Family Floater Plan and Coronavirus Health Insurance, there are Individual Health Insurance, Senior Citizen Health Insurance (for people aged 60 or above), Critical Insurance (suitable for people who are more prone to critical illness, such as cancer, health failure, stroke, etc) Group Health Insurance (the policy is suitable for businesses who want to cover their employees).
These are some of the common questions you may be seeking answers to. However, if you have any other question related to health insurance or coronavirus health plan, feel free to ask. We will respond to you quickly.