Parenting is a great responsibility that takes a lot of sacrifices. Every parent prioritises their children over themselves and ensures that they get all the necessities fulfilled and secure future. However, while ticking the checklist with every single essential requirement, new parents often overlook health insurance for their newborn child. Insurance cover is also crucial as it ensures timely healthcare for your infant and takes care of emergency expenses.
The good news is, you can opt for maternity insurance coverage or multiple family floater plans to ensure your newborn baby.
Let us understand health insurance for your newborn in details.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Health Insurance Plan for your Newborn
A comprehensive health insurance plan covers your baby’s early medical bills if need be. Newborn baby insurance has various aspects of being considered before you take the plunge. These include:
- Coverage is provided to newborns who have completed 90 days.
- Check the coverage offered in detail to determine if the particular plan is helpful to you.
- To cover a newborn for early immunisations and post-natal care, you can add them to your family floater insurance policy.
The insurer will calculate the premium to be paid after all the new born’s documents have been verified and analysed.
- On adding your newborn baby to your family health insurance, you will be required to pay the revised quote.
- Certain insurance providers add your newborn as a beneficiary of your health insurance coverage without paying the revised quote.
- There are 90 days waiting period for infants or newborn babies.
- If you want to cover your newborn baby before this period, adding them to your existing cover will be beneficial.
Terms and Condition of Policy
It is essential to go through all the terms and conditions of the policy before purchasing one, as each insurer will have different terms and conditions.
Here are few reasons why:
- Few health insurances for newborn babies come with a co-payment clause where the parents must pay a certain amount at the time of claim.
- The health insurance plans with co-payment features come at a lesser premium compared to others.
- Check the terms for all the exclusions as equally as you check for inclusions before buying the insurance.
To get the insurance for your newborn, you are required to provide the documents pertaining to birth to your insurer,
- Copies of birth certificate
- Reports in case of any medical condition suffered by the child at birth
- Maternity discharge card
- A photo for the cashless card issued by the insurer
- Many insurance companies offer customised health insurance plans.
- Talk to your insurer to check if you can customise your health plan to include your little one too.
Benefits of Health insurance Cover for a Newborn
Reduced Healthcare Expenses
- Your overall expenses for post-natal care are reduced.
- Coverage is provided for expenses incurred due to mandatory vaccinations of the newborn baby up to 90 days from the date of birth.
- Hassle-free cashless hospitalisation and treatment
Protects Health of the Baby
- Availing health insurance shields the baby with cashless treatment so that you don’t have to worry about arranging finances on the spot.
- The baby is secure and protected during times of medical emergencies.
- Health insurance plans for newborns come at affordable premiums and are hence easy on the pocket.
- The premiums incurred are significantly less compared to the hospital bills.
- Availability of no claim bonus as a bonus for not making any claim during the insurance period.
It is always great to start looking for health insurance before the arrival of the baby. Health insurance for a newborn is as essential as it is for adults. Insurance companies anyway reimburse the sum back to your account if you don’t avail of it. Suppose you have family health insurance that includes a newborn cover too. It is even best and cost-effective as it covers all expenses related to early vaccination and post-natal care.
There are very few insurers who provide newborn insurance. Cover 360 offers access to a lot of affordable plan across India to help you choose the right plan according to your budget. Visit Cover 360 to compare them all in one place and find the best health insurance plan for your little bundle of joy!