Seniority brings with it a shoulder of responsibilities and duties towards your family and health. The age of sixty is not only the age of retirement but also the age of paying the utmost attention to your health. Don’t think you cannot perform more because you are crossing 60 of your age. Instead, welcome it because you are stepping into the golden era of your life despite the fact that you are experiencing shrinkage in the body’s immune system. Be upbeat about your health and remain healthy to combat any injuries and diseases. Star Health Senior Citizen Policy can be a reliable companion on this journey.
Want to have information about the senior citizen insurance plan from Star Health? Let’s uncover it through this post.
Star Health Senior Citizen Policy
Star Health offers Red Carpet health insurance policy for senior citizens. A complete health cover for seniors, Red Carpet Health Insurance offers cover to people from the age of 60 and allows admission right up to the age of 75. Allowing continued financial support at the time of hospitalization for any pre-existing ailments or accidents, the policy gives an excellent option for care for your parents as well as other old people’s health.
It is available on an individual and floater basis, covering medical costs arising out of an ailment, disease, injury, sickness, or accident. The coverage under Star Health Senior Citizen Policy can be extended, thereafter till lifetime. When the policy is issued for more than one year, the sum insured remains available for each and every year, without any carryover advantage thereof.
Star Health Senior Citizen Policy: Key Features
The senior citizen insurance plan of Star Health comes with several exciting features and benefits such as no need for a pre-insurance medical test, medical consultations as an outpatient in a network hospital, guaranteed lifetime renewal, a wide range of sum insured options. Ket features include:
- Eligible people are those aged between 60 to 75 years
- The policy is issued both on Individual and Floater Basis
- No pre-policy medical test required to buy the insurance plan
- Coverage available for pre-existing diseases from the second year onwards
- Medical Consultations as an Out-Patient in a Network Hospital
- A wide range of sum insured starting from 1 lakh to 25 lakh
- The insurance policy is available for 1 or 2 or 3 years that can be renewed.
Star Health Senior Citizen Policy: Extensive Benefits
Star Red Carpet health insurance policy provides you with a lot of benefits.
- Daycare Treatment– The policy offers coverage for expenses towards day-care treatment such as cataract, hernia, piles, etc. that would otherwise require hospitalization of 24 hours.
- Pre Hospitalization – Medical expenses related to pre hospitalisation incurred for a period not exceeding 30 days for disease/illness, an injury sustained following an admissible claim for hospitalisation is available under the policy.
- Post Hospitalization– Post Hospitalization expenses equal to 7% of the hospitalization expenses including Nursing Charges, Surgeon / Consultant fees, Medicines, Diagnostic charges, drugs expenses are available wherever recommended by the treating doctor.
- Portability -The portability feature is available i.e. the plan allows you to port your policy without losing accrued benefits after a waiting period if you would like to transfer the policy.
- Tax Benefits – Tax benefit against the premium amount is available under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- Sum Assured Enhancement– The senior citizen insurance plan of Star Health lets you apply for an increasing sum insured at the time of renewal. However, no claim will be made on the policy to consider the request.
- Emergency Ambulance – Benefits comprise road and air ambulance facility. Maximum up to Rs. 3,000 (depends on SI).
- Special Feature – Gain 10% discount in premium*, a policy without medical screening, the premium does not increase with the increase in age.
- Free Look Period – You have an option to rerun the policy if you have decided not to proceed with it. Return the policy within 15 days from the date of policy purchased.
- Room Rent – This plan has a room-rent limit of up to 1 % of SI (max Rs. 6000), 15 lakh (Max Rs. 7000, 20 lakh (Max Rs. 8500, 25 lakh (Max Rs.10000).
- Co-Payment – The plan has two co-pay clauses. 50% on all pre-existing disease (PED) claims, 30% on all non-PED claims
- OPD Benefits– Star health senior citizen policy offers OPD benefits i.e. Rs. 200 per consultation, which goes up to Rs. 2600 depending on the sum insured.
Star Health Senior Citizen Policy: Permanent Exclusion
Red Carpet Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy also comes with certain permanent exclusions. The policy will not cover any liabilities towards in the following conditions:
- Treatment required due to the use of intoxicating substances such as alcohol, drugs, tobacco and so on
- Medical treatment for venereal disease and sexually transmitted diseases
- No expenses will be covered in case of intentional self-injury or injury caused due to a suicide attempt
- The plan excludes congenital external condition, anomalies or defects
- Hospitalisation out of warlike operations, nuclear materials etc. is not covered
- Naturopathy treatment, Infertility and in vitro fertilization, AIDS treatment.
For a complete list, refer to the policy document.
Over to You
Your parents have spent their life. They have done their best to make your life secure and happy. It is your time to do the same when they need you the most. Buy them a star health senior citizen policy. Or compare different senior citizen insurance plans of different insurance companies and pick one that suits your budget and the health of your parents.